How to Set Up a Facebook Page for Your Business
Setting up a Facebook business page can seem like a daunting task. Some of you may have attempted to set one up, but didn’t get past the cover photo or choosing a business category, while some of you have vowed to avoid it altogether.
In this step-by-step article, we’ll walk you through how to set up a Facebook page for your business in 2017.
1. Click on the dropdown menu in the top right hand corner
2. Click on Create a Page
3. Fill out your business name and define your page category
Facebook will automatically suggest page categories based on your business name. Unlike before, you can now select a category that best represents your business.
4. Add your business information and review Page Tips
Facebook has made it easier than ever before to complete your business profile with their new “Page Tips” feature. Not only can you see exactly what needs to be uploaded, but you can expand their page tips list to see all the items you need to check off until your profile is complete.
Items on the page tips list include:
- Call to Action Button. This button is located at the top of your page, below your cover image. It directs people to take specific actions. Choose whether you want people to call you, send you a message, or go to your website. The best part? Facebook tracks the results, and you can update it at any time.
- Invite Friends to Like Your Page. Go ahead, ask your friends to help you out! When people like your Page or your Page posts, their friends could discover you, too!
- Send People to Your Website. Add your website URL to your Facebook Page to send people to shop, make an appointment, or get more information.
- Add Page Roles. If someone other than you will be managing your Facebook page, assign them an Admin role. They’ll be able to publish posts, run ads, update settings, and respond to comments.
- Add your Cover Photo. Your cover photo helps express your brand’s identity. Change out your photo seasonally, or to reflect new promotions and offers you’ve got going on to keep people engaged.
- Add a Profile Picture. Your profile picture should reflect the identity of your business. This needs to be something people can easily recognize your page in posts, comments, and more.
- Add your Phone Number. If you want people to pick up the phone and call you, add your phone number.
- Add your Business Hours. Let people know when you’re open. Facebook makes it easy to add business hours to your Facebook page.
- Now Start Writing Posts!
In 2017, Facebook has made it easier to create and manage Business Pages. If you haven’t already create your Business page, you’re missing out on a huge opportunity to reach, connect, and engage with people who are interested in your business.
The next step is to start building and engaging your audience. You’re gonna need a little creativity, some paid ad dollars, and a compelling offer. Think about your upcoming sales, promotions, or other offers. One of the most effective ways to build an engaged audience is through a giveaway, a sale, or something else that your target customers would love!
Stay tuned for our next article, where we’ll help you understand how to use Facebook to drive your business goals.